Stacey's Blog

Monday, February 5, 2007

Dude, Where's My Coffee?

I've held my tongue so far, but this is an outrage! For the second time in two weeks, WBT - in fact, all of One Julian Price Place - is out of Morning Blend. Oh sure, I could settle for Colombian or Mocha French, but the smooth, familiar Morning Blend is nowhere to be found. Yes, we've got a coffee situation. But let me back up and explain how it works around here. We've got a little kitchen sort of room like a lot of offices have. There's a nifty coffee pod brewer, which makes a fresh cup each time. You just pop in the pod, press the button and enjoy a tasty cup of coffee. There are boxes and boxes of these pods stacked on shelves. Lots of decaf (why?) but no Morning Blend today. Again. I've worked a lot of TV & radio stations where people seem to drink coffee by the gallon. I've always felt lucky that I never started smoking, but I did develop a pretty serious coffee habit. Just milk, no sugar. I'll settle for that fake powdered creamer when I have to. And no, I don't want to know what's in that, thanks. Usually, radio station coffee is the burnt kind that's been sitting around all day. We definitely have a good thing here. Except when we don't. If you drink coffee (real coffee.. not frappa-venti-chocolate-milk), you know it must be taken seriously. Make fun if you like, but a quick poll of my co-workers speaks volumes. Al Gardner likes Douwe Egbert coffee made in a Senseo coffee maker. He says only the Senseo gets the water hot enough to bring out the full flavor of the Douwe. Keith has the Crossroads coffee house in Waxhaw which, along with giving him a place to go on Saturday mornings, also apparently gives him his own supply of paper coffee cups (how many germs are on the lid after a morning?). Hancock get exotic and votes for Ethiopian or Jamaican Blue Mountain and points me to Dilworth Coffee Company. Jeff Katz prefers Gevalia cinnamon hazelnut (half regular and half decaf) preferably with a french press (are you kidding?). Charles Jenkin likes the Starbucks Colombian made at home. Jim Szoke & I both vote for 8 O'Clock Bean. Here at work, I admit, I have no idea who takes care of ordering the coffee. But I will track that person down and beg and plead today. I'm just not the same without my MoBlend. Feb 6 update: A quick investigation reveals the coffee suppy guy comes on Wednesdays. I am assured he will restock the Morning Blend, no forms or signatures required.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Stacey: Welcome to blogdom! I never took to coffee, but I learned long ago never to wake up my wife without a cup of coffee in my hand.

    My wife is a decaf convert, and her favorite restaurant coffee is Chik-fil-A, believe it or not. I am surprised that McDonald's coffee beat Starbucks in a taste test.

    Pass THAT on to Keith Larson! :)

    By Blogger DukeofMadness, At 2/08/2007 10:53:00 PM  

  • Hey Miss Stacey! Producer Lindsay here ... and YEAH, where is our "Morning Blend" ... love the blog

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2/09/2007 05:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home