Stacey's Blog

Monday, April 23, 2007

Melissa Greer

I got quite a bit of email asking me to write something about Melissa Greer's untimely death from cancer this past Friday. I wrote here back in February about running into her husband, Roger, while Slade and I were out one night. To be honest, I didn't know Melissa very well. WBT is in the same building as WBTV, but since Melissa usually worked on the weekend our paths rarely crossed. The last time I saw her was a few weeks before her moved-up due date. She was still pregnant with Connor and optimistic about a healthy delivery. That was in January, and she was still very hopeful that the chemotherapy had worked. Just a few days later, a scan showed otherwise and they moved up her already-early scheduled delivery date. WBTV tells her story better than I ever could; they have a wonderful memorial page set up. So what can be said about the death of a 27 year old new mom, successful in the career she'd always dreamed about with a wonderful husband (who didn't even realize she was on tv when they first met!)? If you can find the words, credit to you. All I can do is wish Melissa's family some hope and comfort in her incredible strength and their miracle of little Connor.

1 Comments:

  • Melissa's passing is so difficult to understand. So unfair for someone that young and so full of life. She will live on in her son and the family's memories.

    God Bless her.

    By Blogger LMo, At 4/23/2007 09:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home