Stacey's Blog

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

My Glamorous Life

So I'm driving down the road, drinking the leftovers of a Diet Coke and three quarters of peanut butter & jelly sandwich when I realize I forgot to shave my legs. That's me on my way to WBT's 85th anniversary party. Every working mom knows that going out on a weekday takes a special effort. Tuesday, I got home from work, took a quick nap, made dinner and jumped into mom mode. I kept trying to drag the kids into the house - I still had to change out of playclothes and try to make myself look presentable - but it was a wonderful sunny afternoon and nobody really wanted to come in. When my sitter arrived, I had about ten minutes to get ready. Makeup on, get dressed, ignore the ringing phone (turns out to be my dad, I'll call him back from the car). My sitter caught the dry cleaning tag on the back of my shirt - thanks! Then I was out the door - no time for dinner, which explains why I was eating the leftover pbj. A drive down 77 thankfully free of traffic. But when I arrive at One Julian Price Place, I realize I still have the dry cleaning tag on my skirt. The skirt which has suddenly become static clinged (clung?) to my legs. But, you see, I work in a building with a television station and we have a makeup room! A room where I keep not just makeup but hair stuff and... static cling spray. Also a lint brush and lots of stuff left over from my three years here as a TV reporter. My plan to sneak in there and spray myself down on the sly is foiled, though, when I round the corner and see the cocktail reception is happening right outside the makeup room. There are dozens of people eating and chatting and blocking my path. Then, Jamie Boll from Channel 3 sees me lurking and asks, "Miss, are you looking for the bathroom?" I guess I look a little different from my usual morning appearance. I assure Jamie I'm not a stalker and follow him into the makeup room. A quick spritz and I'm all set. It really was a great night for WBT. You can click here to see some pictures and to learn more about the incredible history of this radio station. I'm so proud to be a small part of it. Maybe by the 90th anniversary I'll get my act together. Somehow I doubt it!

2 Comments:

  • Stacey,
    I listen to you and AL every morning. Keep up the GREAT work! You two are the best!
    Rick Lewis
    Chester, SC

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4/11/2007 10:25:00 PM  

  • Hi Stacey,

    Think I heard Al Gardner say your Blog had been picked up by a newspaper. If so, will you tell us which one?

    You certainly are an inspiration to all of us blogger wannabees. Bet, your husband Slade is even dusting off his computer for a contribution or two.

    Way to go!

    John Bailey
    Davidson, NC

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4/17/2007 11:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home