Stacey's Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

No Bubba, Mickey Mouse

For about a year, Benny's favorite show has been the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on The Disney Channel. It's not the old Mousketeer show, but it's a new and pretty cute cartoon. Since it caught his eye, though, he's been calling Mickey, Bubba. I think it started as Muh-ma which actually makes sense. Not sure how it morphed into Bubba, but I have to admit, I love it. I think it's fun when little kids mess up words and names. Admit it - someone in your family has a nickname that came from a two year old. Benny has never been able to say his big sister's name. It's Lea, but he's always called her Ya-ya. Since he's at the bus stop every morning, he's decided that the big yellow thing she gets on isn't a school bus, it's a Ya-ya bus. It's to the point where half the people at the bus stop call it the Ya-ya bus. But I think it's all soon to end. Last night he saw Mickey on TV and said, "Mommy, Bubba-Mouse!" I laughed and said, "No, Mickey Mouse!" He repeated, "Mickey Mouse." I said, "Yes, Bubba." He looked at me like I was crazy. "No, Mommy. No Bubba, Mickey Mouse." I was really hoping this Bubba thing would hold out until we got a chance to take Benny to Disney World. I was dying to see him run up to Mickey yelling, "Bubba!" Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home